Thursday, June 28, 2012

Porter Time

This week's brew was the second Pale.  As mentioned, I simply doubled the hop additions all the way through.  I also did a 90 minute boil.  The more research I do, the more I find that the extra half hour at the beginning of the boil makes better beer.  I haven't had the chance to taste any of the ones I've done this with, but that will change after today, as the 3rd Porter is ready to go.

I have high hopes for both of these beers.  I liked the faint flavors and aroma present in the first Pale, and I'm hoping to get that significantly bumped up in this one.  As for the Porter, I liked the taste of the young beer during bottling, so I feel like this might be the one.

Either way, I'm brewing another Porter this weekend, but the result of today's tasting will determine wether I'm doing a repeat to determine reproducability, or a new recipe.

Here's the Pale:
-1.5lbs Pale Ale Malt
-0.4oz Willamette @60
-0.8oz Willamette @15
-0.8oz Willamette @0
-5g Rehydrated US-05

No comments:

Post a Comment